Most Valuable Sneakers 2015 (Quarter 2)
(click on shoe name link to purchase)
1. Air Jordan 10 Retro Drake OVO – Being in the new with the Meek Mill beef, it is fitting that Drake is in the top spot. The Drake retro Jordan’s were released in April 2015 at a OVO pop-up store in Los Angeles. The shoes were a very limited release, but those who were lucky enough to get a pair made a great investment. The shoe retailed for $225, but has got as much as $4,050 on the resell market. With that kind of demand it is no wonder that a limited number of black and white colorways will be released later this year.
2. Adidas 350 Yeezy Boost – Kanye West has backed up his talk with his first project with Adidas. The move from Nike hasn’t hurt ‘Ye at all. The Adidas 350 Yeezy Boost retailed for $200, but has sold for $844 for the resell market. The new black colorway will be released August 22nd and select retailers so stay tuned.
3. Air Jordan 1 Retro Dover Street Market – Dover Street Market is a multilevel fashion/concept store by Japanese designer Rei Kamakubo located in New York, Tokyo, London. So this is more than a sneaker because of who designed it, this is fashion. The shoe retailed in April for $185 and has sold for as much as $650 on the resell market
4. Nike Sock Dart Fragment Black – Fragment Design is an imprint led by Japanese designer Hiroshi Fujiwara. The Nike Sock Dart Fragment Black debuted in April and retailed for $169 while it is selling as high as $485 on the resell market.
5. Air Jordan 1 Retro Shattered Backboard – Inspired by when Michael Jordan shattered the backboard when playing an exhibition in Italy. The show was released June 27, 2015, and retailed for $160. It is currently going for as much as $482 on the resell market
6. Air Jordan 1 Retro Chicago 2015 – The return of the shoe that started it all in the original colorways, but constructed with new premium materials. The shoe dropped on may 30, 2015 and retailed for $160. It has sold for as much as $444 on the resell market.
7. Under Armour Curry One MVP – Under Armour is becoming a player in the sneaker game. UA honored Curry with a special limited release to commemorate his MVP award, and it worked as they hoped. By limiting the release, it increased the shoes value on the resell market. The shoe retailed for $120, but is selling for as much as $373 on the resell market.
8. Asics Gel-Lyte III AFEW-KOI – A collaboration with Asics and Germany’s afew sneaker shop for the 25th anniversary of the sillohette. The colorays were inspired by koi fish. The shoe was released on May 30, 2015, and retailed for $180, while it has sold as high as $369 on the resell market
9. Air Jordan 7 Retro Cigar – Paying homage to the second of Jordan’s 6 rings the ‘Cigar’ features red with white and gold accents, an inner lining, and gum rubber outsole. The shoe released on June 20, 2015, and retailed for $250 .nd It has sold on the resell market for as much as $365
10. Air Jordan 7 Retro Champagne – Paying homage to the second of Jordan’s 6 rings, the ‘Champagne’ is white based and helped by helped by black and gold with a champagne pop graphic along the insoles. The shoe was released on June 20, 2015. It retailed for $250 and has sold for up to $344 on the resell market.